Information about Vox Canvas for Australian Choirs on Facebook (Vocal Australia Sydney)
WANT TO JOIN/START A GROUP? Are you looking for a vocal group to join? Include the following details:
We are an acapella barbershop style group – so we sing a lot of male, 4-part-harmony barbershop style music. (Close harmonies, major key, melody is predominantly in the 2nd highest voice)
We also sing other genres:
- Barbershop (Heart of my heart, Somewhere over the rainbow)
- Pop (Can’t stop the feeling, Happy)
- Classical (Ave-Maria – alternate version)
- Other (When she loved me – Toy Story 2, Elvis, Ukuthula)
We meet every Tuesday – 7pm – 10pm
We’ll push you musically – and it would be best to attend every week.
We have placed in national Barbershop competitions and won awards at Aus-Aca in Melbourne.
Other activities include sending Singing Telegrams for Valentine’s day and hosting a CD-Album launch party.
Alexandria Town Hall
We rehearse Tuesdays 7pm – 10pm at Alexandria Town Hall, 73 Garden St, Alexandria NSW 2015.
How to join us
- Contact us via email or facebook, or just turn up at a regular rehearsal
- We’ll sing with you and help you choose a voice part – bass, baritone, lead, or tenor
- Learn our audition song (Somewhere Over the Rainbow) – we’ll supply sheet music and learning tracks for your chosen voice part
- Keep coming to rehearsals whilst you learn the audition song
- When you’re ready – typically after a few weeks – sing the audition song with three other guys in a quartet